Monday, November 2, 2009

Dianna Wynn Jones: The Game


One Word Summary: I want to be a comet
Kirkus says it all: A fantasy novella kindles a sizzling premise that fails to catch fire.
When I read the title of this book I got it confused with 3 other books...
  • Teresa Toten's The Game, which I really liked but have to recommend with caution since it's a teen book dealing with dysfunctional family issues.
  • A story I read a long time ago about a teen girl who gets stuck in a virtual reality game. It was really really fun. Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde
  • A story I read a long time ago about a two teens who become unlikely friends through an online rpg. Their friendship and private game help the girl to work through a traumatic event and her subsequent gender identity issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment