Monday, November 2, 2009

Catherine Gilbert Murdock: Dairy Queen


One Word Summary: Moo!
More Words: I liked this book, let me tell you.
Summary: A not so bright and not so beautiful jock has a brilliant idea. After a backbreaking day on the farm D.J.'s arch enemy, Brian, calls her a cow because she always does what's she told and she's too stupid to care. This starts her thinking about how much her life sucks and about how much she loves football. DJ is determined to be anything but a cow, which is why she decides to try out for the boys football team.
Murdock's Other Books:
There's a sequel to Dairy Queen, Off Season, and it was very good. And there's a third, Front and Center, which I haven't read-but I will. Although I hope number three is the last one.
Murdock also wrote a Sleeping Beauty tale, Princess Ben, which had some great elements but was just okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment