Tuesday, May 26, 2009

John Van De Ruit: Spud

One Word Summary: Spudliness? Ick
More Words: This book is vastly hugely wildly inappropriate. Will would be so disappointed if he knew I actually read it. And that I laughed (except at that one part near the end that sort of got glossed over). In my defense, I only read the first two sentences on the jacket cover ,"It's 1990. Apartheid is crumbling." before plunging in. I completely missed the phrases: "raging hormones" and "prepubescent choir-boy". Anyhow, curiosity outmaneuvered wisdom once again. It's been awhile since I've had raging hormones, and I've never been in a choir. Let's just see, I reasoned.
Plot Summary: There was no plot. It's a Seinfeld book.
On the Upside: There is a reading list... which I didn't write down and don't dare hunt out.

Other Book Suggestions, if you're interested in Fictional Adolescent Male Psyche:
The Catcher in the Rye by Jerome David Salinger
The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole by Sue Townsend
Inside the mind of Gideon Rayburn by Sarah Miller
The Black Book by Jonah Black
Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

No comments:

Post a Comment