Sunday, March 22, 2009

Georgette Heyer: Lady of Quality

Umm, it was probably too soon for another Regency Romance. Or Georgette only has one story that she writes over and over again. With the exception of Friday's Child, I think the other 4 novels I read are the same. I'm even getting tired of phrases like, "Doing it a little too brown" or "awake on ever suit". And I wish the men would put away their everlasting quizzing glasses. Besides, I really don't care what they wore anymore, inevitably it's pink overlain with silver net. Furthermore, I really can't believe a person could reach the age of 29, and not have been a little in love and then fall completely inlove with so little fanfare. Hows that for a set down! So no more Georgette Heyer for at least 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment