Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nancy Bagget: The All American Cookie Book


Fantastic. I borrowed this book from the library. Renewed it a whole bunch, and then I bought it for myself at christmas, two years ago. I will never make brownies from a box again, or feel daunted by the time commitment involved with cookies. Truly the only reason I can claim competence at cookies baking is because of the detailed yet easy to follow instruction found with each recipe. I love this book. Along with the directions each cookie has a little anecdotal write up. The introduction gives some details of early cookie baking in America, including a little bit about chocolate. There is helpful information about measuring and substituting ingredients in the "How to Use this Book Chapter". And peppered throughout are little tips and historical interest blurbs. It's a fun book to peruse, and the pictures are gorgeous. I only wish there were pictures of each cookie. Did I forget to mention the cookies- you'll have to see for yourself.


Now if I could only find good recipe books for Muffins, Pastries, and Vegetarian food. Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment